People speed many times without realizing they are speeding. When we are passing another vehicle, we are running late, or want to make that green light, most people tend to get a bit of a lead foot. We all do it, right?
However, going over the speed limit, while common and casually done by most drivers and often without repercussions, is one of the most dangerous things a person can do driving. Speeding is the third leading cause of traffic accidents according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Thousands of fatalities are caused by individuals who choose to exceed speed limits by dangerous levels. In most cases, drivers do not understand that their reckless driving behavior can place the safety of other people on the road at risk.
Speeding is a dangerous maneuver that decreases response time and control of the vehicle, while increasing the power and seriousness of a potential impact with another vehicle. This also then increases the potential of life-threatening vehicle accidents. Thus, this affects not only the safety of the person(s) in that vehicle, but the people in the vehicles around them too, as well as other individuals on the road that are far more vulnerable, such as motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
At McCutchen Napurano - The Law Firm, our Fort Smith speeding accident lawyers hold reckless drivers accountable for their actions. We are firm believers in fighting tirelessly to ensure victims of avoidable accidents are awarded the monetary compensation and justice that they rightfully deserve.
As the victim of a speeding accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation for your medical bills, any lost income due to having to miss work, the pain and suffering you had to endure, any long-lasting injuries or disabilities, and other various expenses caused by your accident.
Get in touch with us today by calling us at (479) 783-0036 to get a free consultation and talk to one of our lawyers about your unique case to see what you may be entitled to receiving.
Reasons People Speed
People who speed often do not understand the severe consequences of their actions, because speeding is so commonplace. But what they do not realize is that when an accident does occur, it can result in anything from minor scrapes and bruises, to fatalities, brain death, or paralyses of those involved in the crash. Some common reasons that drivers choose to disregard the legal speed limit include the following:
- Passing another vehicle
- Driving distractedly
- Attempting to make a light
- Not paying attention to speed limit signs
- Driving recklessly
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Speeding accidents are completely avoidable. However, the reckless and dangerous decision of one driver to disobey the law can affect the lives of countless people when an accident occurs. We know how unfair this is to the victims of a vehicle collision and we are determined to fight for those involved in an accident as a result of a driver speeding and the victim’s rights.
The Fort Smith speeding accident attorneys at McCutchen Napurano - The Law Firm can offer their legal services to you to return your peace of mind after a tragic accident injured you or your loved one.
Why You Need an Attorney
If you have been in a serious accident due to another driver operating his or her vehicle recklessly and irresponsibly, chances are that you are seriously injured and suffering as a direct result. Do not continue to take on more stress. Instead, leave it to the professionals. A lawyer will handle all of the nitty gritty details, while ensuring you are informed and in the loop of everything going on with your case.
Injury and speeding laws and cases are tricky to deal with on your own. An attorney who specializes in personal injury claims and has dealt with many successful cases before your own will know the ropes.
They have the specific knowledge needed to win a case for you and secure the optimum amount of compensation for your benefit. Do not leave your accident to chance. Put it in the hands of those who know exactly what they are doing and do it well.
Why Should I Pick McCutchen Napurano - The Law Firm to Handle My Case?
Our lawyers here at McCutchen Napurano - The Law Firm are skilled in personal injury claims and cases and have been winning these cases for their clients for 25 years now. They are confident in their abilities and you only pay them if they win you the case. We are dedicated to chasing down justice for those who were unfairly injured in an accident that was out of their control and we will do just the same for you and your unique case as well. We have a deeply rooted passion to fight for the rights of the people and do not settle for less.
We understand the situation you are in and know how devastating any injury can be, because it starts affecting every part of your life. Let us help you break the cycle and get you back up on your feet. Start a chat with us or simply give us a call for a free consultation and get started today on your road to recovery.
How Can I Stay Safe While Driving?
While an accident caused by a speeding driver is often times far beyond your control, there are measures you can take to keep you and your family safe while in a motor vehicle on the roadway, including:
- Stay Alert. Do not text, use your cell phone, or distract yourself with the buttons within the car. Keep two hands on the wheel, and ask the person in the passenger seat to be alert as well, if possible.
- Look Around. Constantly check your mirrors, noting if a car is quickly approaching yours or stopping suddenly ahead of you, and if another car is about to crash and potentially move into your lane. Locate and note other cars around you in the event you need to switch lanes or move over quickly, and above all, make sure you always know what the speed limit is for the zone you are in.
- Listen Up. Do not have the radio volume turned up too high, listen for the sound of cars driving up behind you quickly, blaring horns, or tires squealing.
- Wear a Seatbelt. This is the safest thing you can do that will significantly reduce your chance of serious injuries when involved in a car accident. Never drive away without securing it, and making sure your passengers are secured and strapped in as well.
- Car Seats. If you have a child or baby, make sure they are seated properly in your car. Do not let a baby sit in an improperly secured car seat, or let a young child sit without a booster seat. Don’t let a child sit in the front seat until they are the right age and weight to handle a potential deployment from the airbags.
- Do Not Speed. It may be hard, but try not to drive more than five miles per hour over the speed limit. This will also greatly reduce your chances of a serious injury in the event that an accident does occur and it will make it more difficult for you to cause a crash yourself.
Contact a Speeding Accident Lawyer in Fort Smith
If you are the victim of a serious accident due to a speeding driver, you should be compensated for the extensive physical and financial damages you sustained. The speeding accident lawyers at McCutchen Napurano - The Law Firm are determined to provide you compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial debts incurred due to your injury. Our Fort Smith attorneys can be reached by starting a chat or calling (479) 783-0036 today.
The serene environment near Cash, Arkansas, was shattered on the afternoon of October 3, 2023, when a massive pileup transpired...Read More
Fighting for the compensation you may deserve in a Arkansas personal injury case can be a stressful process. It doesn’t...Read More